Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Climax

The climax did not meet my expectations. I expected more out of the climax and expected there to be more too it. In basically a chapter, Rick killed off the androids and then it was over. It other books and stories, I have read the entire book has lead up to the climax. This book does but at the same time the climax ended so quickly. He simply just killed them. There didn't seem to be a huge fight or anything to exciting. When we first began to read, I expected Rick to kill the andys. And thats exactly what happened, there was no twist to the story. Rick ended up falling for Rachel and Rachel told him that was her job. And now he would not be able to kill off the other androids. Although, right after Rick goes and kills the andys. It wasn't a surprise to me that he was going to able to kill them. When i first began reading, I expected that Rick would be able to bounty all the androids which he did. Although the climax is over, I am interested in whats going to happen now with Rachel and Rick. What will Rick do when he finds Rachel since she killed his goat. My overall thoughts of the book could be considered good. I think the book had a good plot behind it but could of executed it in a more exciting and interesting way.

3 comments:

  1. I did not really have any expectations, other than I could predict the ending. We all figured Rick would kill all of the androids, but I agree with you on the pure fact that there the book could have been more exciting with a twist. Rachel and Rick's relationship is one of the most important ones in the book, in my opinion. I am excited to see what happens to Rachel, due to the fact that she killed his goat. Will Rick's love her make him not able to kill her? That is what I am wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you that the book kind of seemed expected. I am also excited to see how the book will turn out when the twist of Rachel killing the goat surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the climax was predictable. The anroids had it coming to them when Pris mutilated that poor spider, after she saw how it bothered Isidore. I am excited to finish the book and see how Rick and Rachel work things out...or if they will?

    ReplyDelete