Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Scene from Blade Runner

Overall I disliked the movie. But I believe that the opening scene was a really good scene. It set up the whole movie without giving too much away. It was a hook, and caught almost everyones eye. In the opening scene the android, Leon was being questioned by Holden. It started off kind of slow but built up to the climax or the scene very quickly. Holden was asking Leon multiple questions to determine if Leon was an android. Leon was obviously extremely nervous and didn't seem to be doing well on the test and Leon knew this. He got very frustrated fairly quickly. On the first couple questions he seemed to answer them alright until Holden brought up a question about Leon's mother. When the question about Leon's mother was brought up, Leon killed Holden. At this particular moment in the movie, almost all of the audience is interested. Especially those people who have never read the book. It set up the plot for the rest of the movie, and the audience knew something was wrong right away instead of being dragged along like most movies. Overall, I didn't like the movie due to the fact that I had read the book first. I believe if I never would have read the book I would of been much more interested in the movie. Overall, I think by watching the movie again, I will get more out of the movie and understand it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment