Friday, October 22, 2010

Summary/Response and Image Analysis Process

A summary/ response paper is very simple to follow. It is a summary to the article or piece you are writing about and is followed by your response to the piece. It is very straight forward and easy to understand. An image analysis paper is a little more challenging. You must review the techniques the author uses and it is more difficult, for at least me, to follow.

Typing content was actually a little challenging for me. To gather thoughts and try to tie them all into a paper was more difficult than I would of imagined. Blogging did help in some ways. It allowed me to free write all the ideas in my head and get them all written down before I would forget certain things. In other ways, it is easier for me to plot things out such as using a web map. Different techniques always help though to use something fresh and not the same thing every time.

When writing the two papers, the image analysis paper was much more difficult. It was more challenging due to the fact that its comparing what other authors have wrote. In the summary/ response it is all about what you believe. In this paper, you must compare the two pieces and think of why the authors changed them and used different angles of vision. The easiest part was to pick out what scenes I wanted to use. I knew from the beginning which ones I wanted to use. The hard part was tying the all together into one paper that hopefully makes sense.

I have various weaknesses when it comes to the writing process. Most are the introduction and conclusion. These two paragraphs tie your paper together completely. If your introduction is bad then people won't want to read it. If the conclusion is bad, then people will forget everything you wrote throughout the whole paper. It's a difficult process learning how to write papers, and one can only get better with time.

Peer review is nice due to the fact that even when you are reviewing and helping other classmates you can learn from their papers. You can learn what different techniques they are using and learn from different classmates. To end, I believe I have made small improvements in my writing but hopefully large improvements are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment