Monday, September 20, 2010

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

In the 3 chapters that we were suppose to read for homework, I found different things confusing but yet interesting at the same time. In Chapter 3, different animals get brought up in the story. I immediately became confused about why the different animals were being brought up. I know that the people still living on earth have a deep connection with animals but how and why the ostrich got brought up confused me. The ostrich was extremely expensive but it was still lower in price than it normally should be. In the Sidney's book, it explains how much each animal should be priced at. After Rick Deckard looked the price of the ostrich in the Sidney's book, he gave the pet store a different name and address than his own. Why? I'm not sure. But soon after he called the false-animal shop and asked how much an electric ostrich would cost. They estimated around eight hundred dollars. After talking to the false-animal shop he hung up and felt depressed. I'm confused on why, Rick called the pet store and asked about the ostrich but then used a false name and address when the salesperson asked for it.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen,

    My interpretation is that he told the man a false name because he couldn't afford to buy the ostrich. He didn't really want the man to call him back.

    ReplyDelete